Definition and function of cookies
What are cookies?
A cookie is a file that downloads onto your computer when you access certain web pages. Cookies allow a web page to, among other things, store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of the site visitor and about their device and, according to what information they contain and how the person uses their device, may be used to recognise the user.
What kind of cookies does this web page use?
- First-party cookies: Ones sent to the visitor’s terminal from a device or domain managed by the Publisher, and from which the service requested by the visitor is provided.
- Third-party cookies: Ones that are sent to the visitor’s terminal device from a device or domain managed not by the publisher but by another entity, that processes the data obtained from the cookies.
- Session cookies: Ones that are designed to gather and store data while the visitor accesses a web page.
- Persistent cookies: In cookies of this kind, the data remain stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the party responsible for the cookie, which may range from a few minutes to several years.
- Analytics cookies: Ones that are either processed by us or by third parties and that enable us to quantify the number of visitors and gauge and make a statistical analysis of the use made by visitors of the service provided. To do so, their browsing activity on our web page is analysed with a view to enhancing the offering of products or services that we provide.
- Advertising cookies: Ones that allow the management, in the most efficient way, of the advertising spaces that, where applicable, the Publisher has included on a web page, application or platform from which the service requested is provided on the basis of criteria such as the content published or the frequency with which the advertisements are shown.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: Ones that allow the management, in the most efficient way, of the advertising spaces that, as the case may be, the publisher has included on a web page, application or platform from which it provides the service requested. These cookies store information about visitor behaviour that is obtained through continued observation of their browsing habits, making it possible to put together a specific profile in order to display advertising on the basis thereof.
Likewise there is a possibility that, on visiting a web page or opening an e-mail where an advertisement or special offer about our products or services is published, a cookie may install itself in your browser that allows us to: show you advertising later related to the search that you have done; keep a tab on our advertisements as regards, for example, the number of times that they are seen, where they appear, the time at which they are viewed, etc.
Revocation and elimination of cookies
You can allow, block or eliminate the cookies installed in your device by configuring the options of the browser installed in your computer, if you do not let cookies install in your browser, you may not be able to access some sections of our web pages.
- Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet options -> Privacy -> Configuration. For more information,please consult the Microsoft support service or the browser Help section.
- Firefox: Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> Historial -> Personalised Configuration. For more information, please consult the Mozilla support service or the browser Help section.
- Chrome: Configuration -> Show advanced options -> Privacy -> Configuration of content. For more information, please consult the Google support service or the browser Help section.
- Safari: Preferences -> Security. For more information, please consult the Apple support service or the browser Help section.
Third-party services providers
Name of the provider: Google Analytics
Purpose of the cookie: To study the audience.
Description of the purpose of the cookie: To obtain information from the browsing, gauge and analyse the audience.